Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identify you, such as your name, contact details and records of your dealings with E Wash.
Our purposes for handling your personal information
E Wash collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide services to our customers
- to determine whether or not to extend trade credit to an applicant for credit
- to maintain relationships with our business associates
- to maintain our business records
- to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you
- any purpose required or permitted by law, and
- otherwise to manage its business.
Collection of personal information and credit-related information
E Wash collects personal information from:
- Our customers: your contact details, information about our business relationship, and information about your credit-history or creditworthiness (and the creditworthiness of directors and guarantors, as applicable) to determine whether to grant you credit and to collect overdue credit.
If you apply for credit, we may collect information about you (and any director or guarantor) from third parties (for example, from your employer, service providers, agents or advisers). We may also collect credit-related information about you (and any director or guarantor) from other credit providers and CBRs.
Credit-related information is a variety of personal information that includes information about a person’s credit history or creditworthiness. It includes information about your credit experience with us and other credit providers, the kinds of credit products you have had or sought, how you have managed your obligations (including such things as your repayment history, arrears you have cleared), information contained in a credit report about you which is obtained by us from a credit reporting body (CRB) and information about your creditworthiness that has been derived by us from a credit report about you.
- Our business contacts: information about our business relationship, and
- Applicants for employment with us: your application, and other information about you from publically available sources and your referees.
We collect information from you for a range of purposes, including to learn about and verify your financial situation for the purposes of considering and assessing an application for credit, and subsequently managing any credit facility we may provide to you.
We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means, and will only do so to the extent that it is necessary for us to carry on our business.
If you do not provide some or all of the information which we request, we may not be able to provide our services or products (including any credit) to you.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
E Wash may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties who provide services to us, including IT services, insurers, financial institutions, mailing houses, etc
- related companies and other business partners
- professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, and
- our agents and representatives.
Which CRBs do we share your credit-information with?
We may obtain a credit report about you (or a director or guarantor) from a CRB. A credit report will provide us with information about you that is held by the CRB and which has any bearing on your creditworthiness. We may obtain this information in our capacity as a credit provider, and may therefore use it to assess an application for credit (including arriving at our own assessment of your creditworthiness), manage our relationship with you and collect overdue payments.
E Wash holds your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. Electronic information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We seek to ensure that personal information that we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. E Wash employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information confidentially.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact E Wash to request access to the personal information that we hold about you, and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time on (03) 9521 3881. E Washmay seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by E Wash. If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access.
E Wash is not obliged to correct any of your personal information if it does not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If E Wash refuses a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
Credit reporting bodies
You have the right to request the credit reporting bodies to not use or disclose credit reporting information for the purposes of pre-screening or direct marketing by credit providers. You can ask a CRB not to do this. However, if you are our customer, you may still receive direct marketing from us (unless you ask us not to) that has not been ‘pre-screened’.
If you have been or are likely to be the victim of fraud, you can ask a credit reporting body not to disclose credit reporting information about you for a period of 21 days (called a ‘ban period’).
When you apply for credit, you are taken to agree to us accessing your personal information (including any credit-related information) held with a CRB, even if there is a ban period in place, for the purposes of assessing an application for credit or in order to collect overdue payments.
Questions and complaints